Sunday, June 9, 2013

The beauty of poetry writing and in response to the "Russian Lover" poem

I have received a lot of praise from those close to me for my recent poetry. That is always flattering because rather a poem is fictional or not, your creativity is celebrated, especially by those close to you. The beauty of poetry or at least biographical poetry is that you can grow and make peace through your words. For example, the "Russian Lover" (edited title) poem has a very tragic theme and tone to it. I ended the poem in a very positive way and that helps with cultivating myself. Peace is everything. If you cannot make peace with your shortcomings, then you are going to be in pain. It's not worth it. Focus on the positive and give that light of hope in your poems or life as a whole because let me tell you that the law of attraction is very real. Poetry puts all of the cards on the table, but once everything is creatively addressed, the time for focusing on the positivity within negative events is born. One of the last Russian sentences in the poem is a powerful statement that I made. In essence it says, "I forgive you" among other things. Forgiveness and unconditional love are all that matters.

-Ando C.

No comments:

Post a Comment